Requirements of precision optical glass polishing powder
1.Basic requirements of optical glass polishing powder
High-precision optical glass is commonly used to make invisible radar search mirrors, reconnaissance satellite camera lenses, high-speed aircraft windows, and optical lenses and prisms in laser launchers. Application, the requirements for cerium oxide polishing powder in optical glass polishing are also very high. The following summarizes the basic requirements of optical glass polishing powder.
(1) The fine powder has fine and uniform particle size, within the allowable range.
(2) It has high purity and no other mechanical impurities.
(3) has very good dispersibility to ensure high efficiency and uniformity in the processing process, and can be appropriately added with a dispersant to increase the suspension rate.
(4) The fine powder particles need to have a certain lattice shape. And form sharp edges and corners when broken to improve the polishing efficiency.
(5) With proper density and hardness, it has good wettability and suspendability with water. And the polishing powder needs to be mixed with water
2.Grinding Force – optical glass polishing powder
The larger the polishing powder, the greater the grinding force. And the more suitable for harder materials. It should be noted that all polishing powders have a distribution problem. The average particle size or median diameter D50 is only Determines the speed of the polishing speed, and the maximum particle size Dmax determines the level of polishing accuracy. Therefore, in order to obtain high precision requirements, it is necessary to control the maximum particle size of the polishing powder.
The true hardness of cerium oxide polishing powder is related to the material. Because the firing temperature is different. The strength of the agglomerates is different. So there will be a feeling of different hardness when used. And the grinding rate and wear resistance of the product will be different. This production plant, which requires experience, is controlled by throwing different substances. The concentration of the slurry in the polishing process determines the polishing speed. The higher the concentration, the higher the polishing speed. When using small particles of polishing powder, the slurry concentration should be adjusted properly to obtain proper fluidity. It is generally recommended to be 7-10%.